Friday, September 13, 2013

Tonner Kickits "Up to Something" Doll Review

Since yesterday's post was about all of our AG mini dolls and the day before was about the Tonner Sale, I thought it was high time I did a post about my first Tonner Doll, who is also a mini doll.  I am eagerly awaiting my very first official order directly from Tonner, but I actually already have two little Tonner dolls in my collection.  My first Tonner doll, Kickits Up To Something, came from an antique store.  My second Tonner doll was a Tonner Toys Little Miss Matched that I bought at ToysRUs. 


When I found this little girl in a local antique store, she was still packaged in her original clear, cylinder-style tube with carrying handle.  I was drawn to her just because she was such a cute, mini size doll.   She has kind of an Asian look to her, which I thought was adorable.

  

When I turned her box around, I noticed the Tonner name on the back of the box.


The antique store had her priced at just $8.  Can you believe that?  They must have been totally unaware that she was a Tonner doll.  I didn't know anything about her either, but I brought her home.  When I got home, I looked her up on Tonner Collectibles and found out that she was from the Tonner Kickits 2007 Mainline Collection.  Her name was Up To Something, and she was a Limited Edition of 1000 and retailed for $74.99.   Kickits were 8" dolls that were only produced in 2007 and 2008.  She has handpainted features and rooted hair.  She has lovely green eyes and her makeup is subtle.  She looks like a she's just a little girl.  I decided to name her Destiny.


Her long silky black hair reminds me of an Asian style hairdo.  It is pulled into two little buns on top and tied with little red ribbon bows. 


She is wearing a black layered taffeta dress with red and white lace and ribbon trims.  The bodice has a row of white pearls sewn on top of two layers of black and white lace.  She has a white satin collar and a red ribbon belt around her waist.


The skirt portion of her dress has three layers, with a red layer and a white layer underneath the black layer.  She is wearing black and white striped tights. 


She is wearing long black lace-up boots with bronze eyelets.


She is articulated at the neck, shoulders, hips and knees.  Her head can move side to side and up and down.  She can bend her knees to sit in a chair beautifully.


She can kneel pretty well too.


She has a lovely face sculpt.


For size comparison, here is Destiny with mini American Girl Saige and LPS mini Blythe.

Here she is with my Dal Tinkerbell and Liv Alexis.  Hmm... Destiny and Tink both look kind of annoyed in that picture.  Tink, I hope you're not picking on Destiny.

Since Destiny is 8" tall, she is closest in size to my Madame Alexander Lil' Thumbkins, who is also 8".  Have you ever seen two more different styles though?


Here is a line up of them all together.


And finally, here is Destiny with her big sister, Tonner Toys Little Miss Matched Uptown Girl, who we named Scarlet.

 

Going for a walk.  Scarlet, who is 15" tall, towers over Destiny's 8" frame.

And one more of Scarlet and Destiny (or Uptown Girl and Up To Something).  They get along so well together.


I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please post a comment below!

 Have a great weekend!



2 comments:

  1. She is very cute and you got her for an amazing deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I'm not usually an impulse shopper, but I didn't even have to think about it. Definitely an awesome bargain.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here. Have a wonderful day!