Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day, Calico Critters & Li'l Woodzeez



In honor of all of our mothers on this special day!
Thank you Mothers for all that you do!
You are special!
Happy Mother's Day!

Who can find a virtuous woman? 
for her price is far above rubies.
She is clothed with strength and dignity; 
she can laugh at the days to come.  
She speaks with wisdom, 
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.  
She watches over the affairs of her household 
and does not eat the bread of idleness. 
Her children arise and call her blessed; 
her husband also, and he praises her: 
"Many women do noble things, 
but you surpass them all." 
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:10, 25-30 



Calico Critters & Li'l Woodzeez

A while back, we found a Calico Critters House at a flea market. My daughters have loved it and enjoyed playing with it so much! When they showed it to my Mom, she just fell in love with this little dollhouse too. She told me that if I ran across another one to please get it for her. So yesterday, the day before Mother's Day, I happen to be looking on Craigslist and saw that someone had the exact same Calico Critters house for sale. It was perfect timing to give this little dollhouse to my Mom as part of her Mother's Day gift. I called and made arrangements to go pick it up.



It didn't come with any Critters, but I had a Li'l Woodzeez Beaver Family saved away, so they'll be going to live in my Mom's little dollhouse. 


This adorable little dollhouse is the Calico Critters Luxury Townhome. It opens up to reveal four rooms. It doesn't take up much space either, since it only measures 12" x 12" x 12" when closed.  

You can buy the Calico Critter's Luxury Townhome for $89.99 at ToysRUs in stores or online or from Target.com (Target sells Calico Critters online only, not in stores). I was able to pick this one up for just $20 from an individual though. I just love a bargain!  I'd recommend checking Craigslist and local flea markets if you'd like to find a bargain on one of these cute little Calico Critters dollhouses.

4 comments:

  1. That was a good find just in time for Mothers day as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you just love a good bargain? :) I went with my oldest daughter this evening to pick up some lovely shabby chic chairs that she found on Craigslist. Fun, fun fun!!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Serenata!!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you! :) It was sweet of you to buy this cute little house for your mom!! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so excited to find one for her. She admires my big dollhouse, but wanted something on a smaller scale. :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here. Have a wonderful day!