Friday, March 20, 2015

Another Doll Show, More Fun Finds

Hi again,

I'm back with another Doll Show report.  My daughters and I drove 3 hours last Saturday to Fairhope, Alabama for the Eastern Shore Doll Study Club's Annual Doll Show & Sale. We had a great time and saw a huge variety of dolls. So without further ado, here are lots of pictures of what we saw at the show. Click on the pictures for a larger view. There was a lot to see there.


Here's a peek at what we brought home with us.


My youngest daughter got a Mini American Girl Molly wearing a pink nightgown, an Effanbee Patsy Babyette, and a mini Madame Alexander Cruella De Vil.  Patsy Babyette came with her original box and hang tag.


My middle daughter brought home another vinyl Kewpie doll. She's a bigger Kewpie at about 13" tall. She is marked Cameo 1965.


My oldest daughter got a large Harry Potter Hedwig Owl pillow, a Harry Potter castle, and 4 little bears.


The castle opens up to look like this.


This little vintage bear is made by Knickerbocker. He is about 9" tall. The tag doesn't have a year so I don't know how old he is but he looks old. Knickerbocker has been making Teddy Bears since the 1920's.


My oldest daughter is developing quite a love for teddy bears. The small panda bear on the left and the bear holding it's own bear in the middle are both Cottage Collectibles by Ganz. Their limbs and necks are attached with a tiny metal or wire connector, making them super floppy. The jointed bear with the plaid bow on the right is a Mohair Bear from Boyd's Bears. 


Lastly is my little group of treasures from the Doll Show.


I met a friend from the Montgomery Area Doll & Toy Club to pick up this adorable little doll. I was not able to attend their Luncheon last month in Montgomery, Alabama, but I was able to purchase one of their Luncheon Souvenier dolls and help support their club.


She is a precious little all bisque Googly made by doll artist Glinda Martin of Florida. The theme of their Luncheon was "Mother Goose and the Victorian Era", so she is dressed as the Mother Goose character, Mary Mary Quite Contrary.  She is wearing a lovely handmade green floral dress with an eyelet pinafore, pink shoes, and carries her flower basket and metal watering can.


Her sweet Googly face just makes me smile! I love her size too. At just under 10" tall standing, she's small enough to brighten a spot just about anywhere.


I also got these little miniatures, a tiny framed picture, a heavy silver metal watering can, a blue splatterware metal watering can, and a very old tin cup and saucer.


I just love the old fashioned picture in the tiny frame.


I also got two tiny Ganz Cottage Collectibles Bears and a Boyd's Bunny. I thought these would be the perfect size accessories for dolls to hold.  The tiny Bunny is just under 4" tall and the bears are just a little bigger. 


Don't these make a cute line-up?  My three on the right are a little smaller than my daughter's three on the left.


I hope you enjoyed our pictures from the doll show. There are no more upcoming shows that are close to my area, so this will probably be our last doll show report for a while.  Don't forget to look for shows in your area by checking the UFDC Event Calendar and Doll Show USA.com.

Hugs  
 - Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: nice fair dedicated to dolls. Fabulous purchases. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta! Thanks for visiting my blog all the way from Spain!!! I'd love to hear if you have doll shows in Spain.
      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa, writing you from Mossy Head Florida. I have a question about this doll show as I am considering going this year. In all honesty if you would care to share, how was the pricing on smaller items like clothing, doll furniture, small loose dolls and bears? Like can you share the cost of the small MA doll or the Harry Potter house or the bear? If the prices are going to be out of my price range then there is no point in going. Thank you kindly for any input. Obviously, I realize that if I want mint or famous makers or whatever the costs can be astronomical, but I am looking for the old, the used, the small type things. Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'd love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here. Have a wonderful day!